Baby's First Word!!!
This morning started as all of our weekday summer mornings have so far... Lucas was up and gone to work before anyone else was awake, which lets us sleep until at least 8am. Raven crawled in bed with me at 8:30 this morning, so we got Riahna up with us so that we could all cuddle together.
It only took Raven about 30 seconds to decide that she NEEDED to hold baby sister. I sat up and positioned Riahna in a pose that looked halfway comfortable, although I knew it wouldn't last long (Raven can't let her sit still). And I was right, because Raven only held her that way for a split second. Then she wanted Riahna up on her shoulder, and then laying down on the bed, and then across her lap, and then in her arms, etc... After about 10 minutes of being held, Riahna was still happy and awake, although she had the hiccups and was starting to yawn.
Raven leaned down to pick Riahna up right as Riahna hiccuped and yawned at the same time... With the jostling from being picked up, the hiccup, and the yawn, the resulting noise was "HELP". I swear, it was clear as day! I even looked at Raven, thinking she said it, but she was looking at me with great big eyes. Then Raven said "She said "help", mama!!!" And for those of you who don't know it, "help" is a very accurate word to describe what Riahna is probably feeling when Raven holds her!!!
So, yes, my almost 4-week-old can talk... Well, she can at least say "HELP"!!!


1 Comments:
Somehow, I don't doubt that she said "help". :)
Post a Comment
<< Home