Painting at Clay Cafe...
We usually stop by a place in the Great Plains Mall called Clay Cafe. It's a place where you buy a ceramic piece, and then for an extra $3, you can sit and paint it. I've been doing this since I was pregnant with Raven, but since then we always do it together. Raven sat and painted for hours! Daddy didn't paint with us this time, and Memaw never paints because she wants to take pics!
I'm not sure why I was making this face, but I think it's the "I know there's paint in there, why isn't it coming out?" look! This is Raven starting on her cloud.

Jerry picked an Indian to paint. He always picks pieces with a lot of detail! But they turn out great!
This is a very serious artist on her second piece, a sun to match the cloud. She finished her cloud and then she finished this sun and was done with painting (it had been about 3 hours!). We went ahead and bought the third piece to the set, a little moon with stars. Now she can paint it sometime at Memaw's.

This is Jerry's finished piece, after a little over 3.5 hours. You can tell he's very proud of it, but I don't know if he's more proud of his piece or that he finished before me!
This is my piece, a little garden fairy. I painted it for Raven for V-Day, but I also got one for Riahna that's a chunky little baby fairy asleep on her tummy. I'm going to paint that one at Memaw's sometime when Raven gets to paint hers. My piece was finished in just slightly over Jerry's time of slightly over 3.5 hours. I was too busy razzing him that he wouldn't finish... I just couldn't get on painting! My big mouth put me in last place! Oh well, it was fun!


1 Comments:
How fun! I've always wanted to go in there and paint. -Aunt Kristy
Post a Comment
<< Home