A day in the life...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Update

Oh my goodness! We've been so busy! I know that seems hard to believe, being so busy that we don't even have time to post, but we are! I'm doing my student teaching, Lucas is wrapping up his master's, Raven's in preschool and dance, and Riahna's just happy all the time, except when her teeth have been coming in (and she now has 4)!

Well, the student teaching is going ok. I love my teacher, but she's a little different than I was expecting. Her curriculum is a little older than what I've been learning in school. I had my first confrontation with a student last Friday. He's an 8th grader, so he's bigger than me, and he got mad about a grade... He immediately decided I gave him an "F" because he's black and I'm racist... As if, especially since my fave student so far is a little Mex boy! Anyways, so this black kid was up in my face, yelling at me that he was being discriminated against, and my teacher was behind me, yelling at him to sit down... This went on for a while, and then he just sat down, and that was the end of it... No further disciplinary action or even mention of the incident! And back to the Mexican boy... Funny story there. He was copying down a recipe in his spiral that the teacher was saying, and instead of writing peanut butter, he wrote "pina butter", like pina colada... That just made me want to hug him. It's been interesting, but I'm ready to graduate, which will be May 20th!

Lucas has been busy working at Desktop fulltime over break, and now he's in school. He has been working on his master's really hard, so he will be able to graduate in December! YAY!!! He's been keeping busy with work and school and the girls while I've been doing my student teaching. He has also been doing some design projects on the side, so he's been getting experience! And, on top of all that, he's on a mission to decorate our house with pictures... We have pictures all over the living room in matching or coordinating frames, and also half way down the hallway. He's doing a great job, but at the same time, the graphic design expert is taking some advice from the interior design expert!

And the girls... I don't even know where to start on them! Raven's just as crazy as normal... She's been doing preschool every Tuesday/Thursday and she loves it. She has a little "boyfriend" there. His name is Ryan and he comes to school only to see her. But, yesterday, she told him "no", he couldn't play in the rice, and it made him cry! What a bully! She had dance class tonite, and she had a great time, of course! She's really gotten good at dance. The hardest part for her is just paying attention, but she can do most of the steps they've learned. She has a performance on Tuesday nite, so she's really excited about that! And Riahna is happy and laughing all the time. She has 4 teeth and is crawling and nearly walking. She likes to hold onto stuff and stand up. And she still loves her walker and she's really good with it, too. This morning, she walked from the living room into the kitchen, turned to face the cabinet, opened the drawer, took out a box of pudding, and walked it back to Lucas in the living room, laughing the whole way! And for those of you who are still wondering, Raven still loves Riahna just as much, and messes with her just as much, and Riahna still lets her do it!!!

Anyways, that's it with us! What's up with all of you? Especially those of you who we haven't talked to in a while!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, how adorable. i definitely need my girls fix. Love you all!
-Aunt Kristy

2:04 PM  
Blogger jill said...

yea! posting again. . . . now if we just had some pictures of those little darlings! wishful thinking, i guess! love memaw!!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how cute, can't wait to see new pics. I remember when little Summer was a a terror with her teeth...
Grandpa Scott

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home