A day in the life...

Friday, July 21, 2006

Funny Little Story

So, this week has been very tiring for Raven with bible school and swimming late every nite, so we got home from Jill's at about 8:30, thinking bath time and then she'd fall right to sleep. I gave Raven her bath, while Lucas fed and changed Riahna. I got Raven in her bed and all tucked in, postive that she'd be asleep before I could be back out to the living room.

When I did get back out to the living room, Lucas had got Riahna to sleep, too. He walked her back to her bed, and then he came back out and goes "This may be a stupid question, but where did you put Raven to sleep at?" Apparently, she had decided that she could sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed, even though Mommy said "no".

We both went in to talk to her about being a big girl and stuff, but she had a pretty funny and serious reply to that talk!... She said "Well..., but I'm not sleepy in my bed. I'm sleepy in this bed." We really tried to keep a straight face as we kept telling her how big girls sleep in their own bed and her room has a nite-lite and every reason we could think of... She just kept saying "But I'm sleepy in this bed."

That kid is just way too intelligent for her
own good!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just you wait until Riahna's this active...two young 'uns at once! -Kristy

4:20 PM  
Blogger jill said...

h-m-m-m-m, now Memaw is Jill? who was it giving me a hard time a while back for signing my email to her w/ jill instead of mom? let me think on that . . .

oh yeah, and i don't think that little girl is too smart for her own good -- she's too smart for mommy and daddy's good. there's a HUGE difference!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Warren Bunch said...

Not everyone reading this may know who "memaw" is, ya know!!!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home