A day in the life...

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Raven's New Milestone!!!


So, Raven has hit her next milemarker on her road to independence! I'm very shocked that she did this, because she was just scribbling and then she said "Look, I wrote my name!" As a parent, I just glanced at it, ready to say "Oh, wow! Look at that!" Instead, when I saw it, I said "OH WOW!!!! We have to call everyone!!!! Do that again! You're such a big girl!" I think I was freaking out more than she was!!!

And just so you call can see it, this is what she did - The "a" look more like a "Q" and the "e" is upside down and backwards, but it's pretty great for a 3 year old!!! Pretty cool, huh?


And for those of you who haven't had 15 hours of early childhood classes, it's amazing that she has the physical dexterity to write that little (this is blown up so you can see it better!) and that she has the congnitive ability to recall the alphabet well enough to write them without looking at something already written out for her! This is very advanced for her age (not surprising to most of us, huh?)!!!

DISCLAIMER - I most certainly DID NOT help her, write it out for her first, coach her, or in any other way contribute to this creation!!! ; )

PS - I'm so sorry, Andrea, but you don't get this birthday card anymore... You can have another one with the 2nd version of her name, because the first time she wrote her own name is going into my trunk of keepsakes!!! Sorry!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger jill said...

wow! that is SO BIG, raven. you are such a big girl and memaw is very proud of you! i can't wait for you to write your own name in your scrapbook at my house!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raven,
You are such a big girl now! And SO smart!!
(No, i haven't had 15 hours of child development but i've had 6 and so I do understand how awsome this is). :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Love, Holly

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ravens getting so big! but what mommy doesnt know is that raven had been asking for help writing on the chalkboard at stormys house!haha....

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell her that Ginsberg and Baby Bella really like it when she writes her name.

We'll work on curse words next week. :)

8:01 PM  
Blogger Warren Bunch said...

Well, Storm, I'm sure she's getting help out there! She wants to write everywhere she goes... But it had been almost 2 weeks since she had been out there when she did this! And she's got lots of people "helping" her write her name, but this time she did it all alone, without any help or coaching!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job raven. i think you are such a big girl!!!!!!!!!
love grandpa jerry

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raven,

That is very good that you wrote your name and it was done that well!! Good work!! Who knows by the age five you might even write poems or even letters to all of us. You are such a big girl! You're mommy has taught you well. Keep up the good work.

Love you,
Uncle Chris

P.S. Keep up the good parenting Lucas and Summer! That was awsome!!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second Uncle Chris's comments. It was so nice to hear Raven's voice on my b-day.

Andrea

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home