Sisters
Before Riahna was born, Lucas and I both worried about how well Raven would deal with not being the center of all the attention... We very quickly realized that she dealt very well with it. She dealt with it so well because this is "her baby", and everyone else is lucky if they get to even see/hold/watch the baby. Raven has been such a helper with the baby. She wants to pick out outfits, find the pacifier, grab the wetwipes, pick a hairbow, and any other little thing she can do to help. But yesterday she started helping in a new way... She started changing the baby's diaper. We caught her about a week ago with baby sister half naked and being wiped down by the 10th wipe. Yesterday as she was getting ready, she asked if she could change the Riahna's diaper, so I thought she could prolly do it on her own. I sat there and watched her, but she didn't need any help at all, other than the reminder to be gentle. So now everytime she holds the baby, she wants to change her diaper. Well, that was until about 7 tonite, and Raven opened the diaper to find that Riahna was poopy... Raven hasn't asked to change her since then! Darn!!! That's prolly the end of that! I HATE DIAPERS!The one thing we've been the most surprised about was how much Raven loved Riahna right from the start. She doesn't seem to be jealous of the baby at all. She loves to talk to Riahna, and help out, and hold her, and she loves it when we can all cuddle together. It's gotten to where every nite, Raven wants Riahna to come in and tell her nite-nite. Raven says her prayers, and then Lucas and I both give her kisses, and then she sits up and gives Riahna kisses.
And it's not just Raven who likes having a sister. Riahna can be pitching a fit for a bottle or a binky, and Raven can just talk to her and calm her down. Riahna loves to watch Raven when she's down in her face talking. And she loves to hold big handfuls of big sister's hair! I'm not sure "love is the right word for how Raven feels about it, but oh well! At least they've already bonded so strongly... I just hope it lasts after Riahna starts to crawl and get into Raven's stuff, or when Riahna starts to talk and can tell Raven to leave her alone!!! I'll let you all know what happens then!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home