Christmas!
Wow, it's really been a long time since we've posted... It prolly would have been even longer, except for the irritating comment left by the mysterious "Blog Nazi." But you're not so mysterious that I don't know who you are, Robyn Audine! So, I keep thinking I need to post, and finally I will!
We had an awesome Christmas... And it's STILL not over! It's going on and on forever! It started with Jerry's family Christmas exchange... The girls each got a talking MagnaDoodle, one with Dora and one with Diego. They loved them. Lucas got a $20 Wal-Mart card and I got a stackable set of cookie racks and a set of wintery dishtowels.
On Christmas Eve, we went out to Kirk and Teresa's house for our family Christmas with that side. The girls got a wagon that holds 2 and a little trailer that holds lunch boxes and bags... That was their big present from Kirk and Teresa and Gma Mickie and Papa Galen. Then they each got a Ricochet Rifle from Kirk and Teresa... Those are the big plastic rifles that make the ricochet noise when you shoot it and these even have little plastic shells that are ejected after every shot. Riahna can't even hold hers up all the way (one end has to drag the floor), but she can sure drag it around and shoot your toes off while she laughs her little evil laugh! From gma they got books and pjs. After we were done with presents, we went to our 11 o'clock church service and then went home to bed!
On Christmas morning, Santa was pretty good to us! The girls got a princess pop-up tent to share and then they each got an over nite bag, cuddle pillow, and fleece blanket from mommy and daddy. Then they got all kinds of stuff from Memaw and Grandpa Jerry -- books, adorable clothes, more pjs, and a couple of toys.... The neatest were these little white bears that have colored lights inside of them, and come with a wand to control the light show. I do see it being an issue that one wand will control both bears... "Mom, she changed my lights! I don't want purple! I wanted the green! Mom, she's changing it again!" Oh well, if it wasn't that, it would be something else! OH, and Uncle Scott and Angel got them presents, too, but in the flurry of wrapping paper, I didn't get to see what they were. They were mentioned in that list from Memaw and Grandpa Jerry, though, because that was the end of the day tally! Then we loaded up and went down to Coffeyville (or Copybil, as its called here!) to see Gma Patti and Aunt Courtney... From Gma Patti the girls got a karaoke machine that plugs into the TV and has 2 microphones, so that they can see and hear themselves from the TV... That was a big hit... She also got them 2 storybook pillows, each. Those are really cute too! Aunt Courtney gave Raven a big huge storybook that you actually color yourself and Riahna got a set of books that have shiny parts, textured parts, and scented parts. Those are cool!
On Saturday, we went down to Branson to see Gpa Scott and Sheila and Gma Eileen and Gpa Bob. Gpa Scott and Sheila gave us a portable DVD player for our car, which will be WONDERFUL! The girls screamed all the way to Branson the nite before, so hopefully this will change things! They also gave each of the girls a set of pjs. Then they got a bunch of things from Gma and Gpa... I don't even remember all of them... Raven got a Barbie and Riahna got some little Disney windup toys, and they each got a big (almost as big as them!) stuffed animal from the Disney store...
Then on Sunday, Gpa Al came up and each of the girls got an OU sweatshirt... They're really pretty cute! And he took us to dinner, too!
And now tomorrow, New Years Day, we're having the grown-up Christmas at Memaw and Grandpa Jerry's house... We were all out of money for Christmas day, and so was everyone else, so postponing it allowed for another pay day! YAY! And we have a whole bunch of things for the girls, still... Raven is getting her Internet Launchpad, a kid safe way to play games on the computer, and Riahna is getting a talking sit and spin... And we have a ton of clothes for them from the Disney store... $5 T-shirt sale! Then, Raven picked out a rooster flashlight to give Riahna, and Riahna is giving Raven a tackle box full of buttons for Raven's altered book. I think they'll both be really happy with those! And I know they were really happy with everything else! Thanks everyone!
Bottom line -- Christmas was wonderful! We now have entertainment in our new van, and something to haul them around in when we go somewhere! And the rest of it? Well, our house looks like the princess section of the Disney store threw up in our living room! The rest of our house already looked like that, but now our living room matches it! Love and hugs!!!


2 Comments:
1.) How in heck did you remember my middle name? That's amazing.
2.) Thank you for posting. I am sure everyone else, not only me, will appreciate it.
3.) I wasn't trying to be mysterious. I just like to go by the name "The Blog Nazi"
~Robyn
christmas was wonderful -- but the best part was being together as a family. we are truly blessed in so many ways. we LOVE spending time w/ our family and watching our family grow up. our kids and grandkids are the highlights of our lives. we love you all so much!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home