A day in the life...

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Family Art Nite...

A few weeks ago at Pitt State, the art department put on a family art nite as part of a Day of the Dead thing. I'm not sure why, as the family art didn't have a whole lot to do with Day of the Dead, but whatever. We liked it, so who cares?

We went with Memaw, but she had to work at the hotel that nite, so she couldn't stay too long. Here are the pics she took, though...

This is Ashley (Scott and I went to school with her) showing us what to do with our clay.


Here we are getting out our clay to play with.
Riahna was very impatient and she was sticking her hands into everything! Making a mess!!!
And this is our whole family... Aren't we cute? Yes, that's the same shirt from Halloween, no it's not the same nite, and yes I do own other shirts... I just like that one! A lot!!! And yes, the girls are dressed to match, and no Lucas still doesn't like it! Oh well! He doesn't dress them!


See all of those little chunks in front of Riahna? That's what she made... She really liked tearing her clay into little bits and throwing it down! Mommy is making a couple of ring holders, one for the bathroom and one for the kitchen sink... Raven is working on a very elaborate face mask... You can see (maybe) that it has eyes, a nose, a mouth, and LOTS of hair!!! This is when Memaw had to leave... Raven worked on hers for over an hour while Memaw was there, but then for another 30 or 45 minutes after Memaw left. Then, when she was putting on her last couple worms of hair, she just rolled it all up in a big wad and says "I don't really want to make a mask!" I was upset, because it was so good until that point! She ended up making a "frog" with about 60 worms of legs, which looked suspiciously like the mask, turned upside down. But in the end, everyone was happy with the nite! It was a lot of fun and good family time!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your face in the third picture! You look completely disgusted.~Robyn

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just glanced back at this blog, and I saw the capital F and then the Art...and it looked like Fart Night!

HAHAHA.~Robyn

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home