A day in the life...

Saturday, June 10, 2006

World of Working Parents

So, this week has been crazy hectic for us at our house... Everyone has their own demanding schedule. You're probably thinking "Everyone? Oh, Summer and Lucas", but I mean everyone as in all 4 of us had things to do all week long.

For starters, Lucas is now working 40 hours on campus, so that was leaving the girls and me home all day together, and then I'd be home all evening, too. But then a couple weeks after the baby, I started baby-sitting for one of the cops again. So Lucas would get home and we'd have about an hour together as a family, and then I would leave to go baby-sit for 4 hours while Lucas got "Daddy Time" with the girls.

And on Monday, the first session of summer classes started. Lucas is taking 3 hours and I'm taking 6, so that makes everything even harder... Time goes faster, less gets done, tempers get shorter, behaviors and tantrums get worse, etc. And on Tuesday, I started working for a friend who has a flower shop in town. I worked 7 hours a day Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Then I had to come home and do housework and homework. GRRR!!! The good news is that the boy I baby-sit spent the week at his mom's house, so I did get to spend the evenings with my girls and the nites doing homework.

Raven had Bible School at Kirk and Teresa's church, so Stormy came by every morning and picked her up for that. She missed one day because she had been throwing up the nite before, but other than that, she was there. She had a great time and brought home lots of neat crafts! She made a suncatcher, a fishing pole with a magnet and fish, a noisemaker shaker thingy, and lots of great color sheets! And she got to spend the afternoons that Lucas and I had to work at Kirk and Teresa's house, loving on the kitties and hitting them with her whackin' stick, playing outside, and swimming in the wading pool (more like splashing!).

Riahna had her own things to do this week. She went and spent Tuesday morning with great grandma while I was at work. Then she went out to Kirk and Teresa's after Bible School for the rest of the day until I could get there. On Wednesday, both the girls were sick, so they had to go stay at Memaw's house while Lucas and I worked. Then on Friday, Riahna had to go work the church garage sale with great grandma all morning long. The way I hear it, she was SOOO much help. And she got to spend the afternoon at Kirk and Teresa's watching big sister swim in the wading pool!!!

So, everyone, if you don't talk to us for a bit, we'll call you when things slow down! Summer school ends at the end of June, so after that Lucas will have his job and I'll have my 2 jobs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I barely have time to keep up with just me! I have no idea how you two do it! -Kristy

11:38 PM  
Blogger Warren Bunch said...

Me neither!!! Right now, we're existing on about 4 hours of sleep! I can't wait until the baby sleeps all nite... Maybe I could, too! -Summer

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home