Semester Update
There are some of you who we don't talk to very often anymore, so I thought I would put an update on here about Lucas and I... We post about the girls everytime, so this is about us!
Lucas is down to the crazy time of year when everyone is wanting grad announcements or invitations, scholarship award papers, other awards, and all kinds of stuff. When we call to say hi, or ask him to print something for us, he's all rushed. He stayed until 6pm last nite, and he's supposed to get off work at 4:30. Then, he's going in all day today and maybe for a few hours on Saturday, too.
And his classes are going ok this semester. He's making a website for our church in website design class, so he's enjoying that. And his Methods of Research class sounds hard! But he graduates next December! He's excited about that!
He's not sure what he wants to do after school, though. He was kind of talking about doing photography and website, if he could. But he's not sure what he wants and what's really around here.
My semester has been crazy the whole time! I'm not really happy about my placement, and I really wish I went somewhere else. I don't feel like I'm learning a lot that I would use! And my advisor came by yesterday to talk to me about everything. She stayed for 3 hours... She observed me for about 30 minutes, and then we talked privately until 4:20.... That's the latest I've ever been at school!
I graduate on May 18th, and I'm so ready for that. I got my cap and gown a few weeks ago. My tassel is a raspberry color... It's really pretty. Anything would be better than what Lucas had... His was poop-brown and ugly! Mine is really pretty!
And I've been accepted into the Graduate program for ESOL... The program will help me learn to teach children that don't speak English as their first language, which is something that I'm usually very sensitive to. My mom says that I'm a bleeding heart on this, but Lucas definitely is not. I think he likes the degree for the money it's worth (5k extra the first year!), but I'm not sure he particularly agrees with the requirements for ESOL in the school. I'm going to work on my Spanish also, because if I can speak it when I get a job AND I have my ESOL, that's mega bucks... I can name what I want, they'll pay it, and they'll be happy about it! YAY!
And the girls are great, of course. Raven is writing letters and names all the time. So far, she can write Jill, Jacob, and if Jerry's name was Jenny, she could write that, too. She'll also write Lucas, but Summer seems to be too hard to write! Riahna is walking all over, but only when she wants to. She won't walk for Gm Mickie, at all. She won't even let Gma catch a glimpse of her walking. Apparently, she's going to be as stubborn as Raven was/is!


2 Comments:
h-m-m-m, i wonder where she got that from. she walks around here all the time! little stinker probably just knows great-grandma wants her to walk so she's not going to!
raven, you are so good at writing your name and other names. you are also great at drawing, coloring, painting, and scrapbooking!
summer, i'm so proud of you for your success in school and in your student teaching. of course, i've always been proud of you for being such a great mommy, and that always comes first!
lucas, i'm very proud of you in stepping into the role of father full-time and keeping up all your student and job requirements and doing them all so well.
i think you are ALL very special people and i'm so proud of all of you!
Of course they're stubborn. They're your children! Love, Aunt Kristy
Post a Comment
<< Home