A day in the life...

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First Day of School.... EVER!!!

So, on August 13th, Raven started kindergarten! This is something that she has been anxiously awaiting since... Well, since she was 2, but been nearly hysterical waiting for it since March after kindergarten roundup. When we woke her up this morning (at 6:45am), she looked at Lucas and gasped and said "Am I 5 yet???" Lucas had to remind her that she's not 5 for 2 more full weeks!

But she was so excited to jump up and put her new clothes on to go to her new school! Doesn't she just look adorable? *sigh* I mean, more adorable than usual! Hahaha!

And this is Riahna... She doesn't really understand what all the excitement is about, but she's happy about it too! Whatever it is! Hahaha!
This is Raven in front of the bulletin board outside her school!
And this is Raven and her friend, Brianna. Bri went to preschool with Raven, and they're pretty good friends! They're really funny together, too! Miss Lori had her hands full with those 2!!!

This is our family picture for Mr. Taylor... He does this the first day of every new year, that way he doesn't call and ask for Mr Whoever when there's only a Ms Whoever... Getting Riahna to cooperate on a normal day at a normal time is difficult, but asking her to do it at 7:30 in the morning is completely unreasonable, apparently!
This is Raven at her desk... *sigh* What a cutie-patootie! I hope she acts as sweet as she looks!
And this is Mr. Taylor with Raven... She was so excited to start the day (which meant Mom and Dad needed to leave!), but she did let us take one picture of the two of them together!!!
And she also spared time for a HUGE hug for Riahna... And a kiss, too! She was so sweet!!!
Not sure what this was, but thought it was funny!

So, when I picked Raven up from school and asked about her day, this is how it went... "Oh MOM!!!! I got to go to the lunchroom and eat with all my friends! They had cheeseburgers! Those cheeseburgers were even better than the ones at home!!! And we had recess!!! And we went to something called PE, where we get to play more!!! And I got to sit by Courtney!!! And (blah blah blah)... And (blah blah blah)... And (blah blah blah)..." That's where I interrupted and said "So you liked it?" And she said "YES!!! But... {sad voice} *sigh* Mr. Taylor didn't have time to teach me to read yet...." I laughed at that and assured her he would do it soon! And then I asked if she wanted to go back tomorrow!!! At that point, Mom had achieved a god-like status! She looked at me with shock and excitement and goes "*GASP* I get to go back AGAIN???" Hahaha! And I thought "Not only do you get to, you HAVE to!!!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

first day down and many many more to go. hope they all go well.

love grandpa jerry

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home