A day in the life...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Day with a DEMON!!!

So, today has not been an ideal day with my children... OH NO!!! And that was prolly the understatement of the year! In fact, I totally understand why some animals feel the need to eat their own young. I could have done it to one of mine today! And I'm only half joking!!! But she's usually at her funniest when she's not being an angel. Here are 2 stories from our day together.....

Naptime
Raven slept til 10am, so I wasn't planning on making her take a nap... But when 2pm rolled around, I was so tired of her that I put her in bed. By 2:30, I had been in there more than 5 times, yelling at or threatening her to make her get her butt back in bed... I caught her sneaking into our bed once, so I spanked her butt and put her back in her own bed. By the time I got back out to the living room, she was yelling "mom... mom... mom!", so I went back in there to see what was wrong...

When I opened the door, she goes "I need you to say sorry to me." And I said "What for?" And she explained that when I spanked her, it hurt her and I needed to say that I was sorry I had hurt her. I didn't say sorry. I just told her to close her eyes and go to sleep or she'd get it again...

A few minutes later, I was in there again. I opened the door and saw her up, I opened my mouth to growl at her, but she beat me to it. As soon as she saw me, she sighed and said in her most pissed off voice, "You're driving me nuts!" I was so shocked at her that I just stared, and then started laughing. So, she had a naptime, but no nap!

Lamp
We have these 2 black floor lamps in our living room; the kind that have the lamp shade that opens up towards the ceiling. They are both up against the wall, and we have a very high-watt 3-way light bulb in them. We noticed a few weeks ago that the plastic shades on both lamps are cracking, but we aren't sure if it's because they get bumped up against the wall or if it's the high wattage, or a little of both.

Well, today Raven was messing with one of them, and when she bumped the wall with it, the lampshade just crumbled off it. I didn't make a big deal out of it, I just picked it all up and trashed it. It was only a $12 lamp... It wasn't worth beating my child (yet!).

Tonite, though, she was telling Lucas about it, and she was being really serious and grown-up about it. But then she said, totally nonchalantly, "Yeah, I broke that light today. Tomorrow, I break the other one." We made her repeat it a couple times, because we just couldn't believe she said that so seriously. But it was funny!

We have one naked lamp today. If there are two naked ones tomorrow, then I prolly will beat her!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Warrens,
We have enjoyed checking out your blog. Mitchell & Maxwell love the pictures of Raven. Tell her they say "HI" and want to play soon!
Love,
The Deans

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all crack me up! Love, Aunt Kristy

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home