A day in the life...

Sunday, April 29, 2007

New in Our Lives???

Every time I go to make a blog entry, the first thing I ask myself is "What is new in our lives?" Usually the answer is nothing, but then when I think about it, I can usually think of something half-way interesting!

This is our story this time... Raven has made Lucas and I open up and meet new people. We tend to not go out of our way to meet new people, even though I like meeting new people... It's like we just don't have the time. But a while back, Raven saw a little girl and a baby outside the house one building over. She really wanted to go play with the girl, so I walked over with her. Then, Lucas got home and came over to talk, too!

Now, we have these friends from Finland that we may not have met if it wasn't for Raven and her little "social butterfly" attitude. The parents, Maija (My-uh) and Jarno (Yar-no), are the same age as Lucas and I, and their kids, Adeliina and Antton, are between the ages of our kids. We've played with them about 20 times, at least, in the 3 or 4 weeks we've known them, so the girls really like each other! This has worked out perfectly, because I have the chance to learn some Finnish, Raven gets to play with someone her age from a different culture (which I hope will make her open to international people), and Lucas finally has another guy he can talk to, since he's surrounded by estrogen with our other friends!!! And for those of you who have heard Raven speak "Finnish", she got it from the little girl, Adeliina, or Ade (Ah-day).




And now, since I know that Maija is reading this today or will be reading this soon, you all as family and friends need to comment on what a great tool of communication the blog is!!! Their family is all back in Finland, and they've been talking about maybe doing a blog, but Jarno says Maija will have to write in English for them to have a blog! So, you guys tell her how great it is!!!



PS - For a quick update, I'm positive that I failed my content test and passed my PLT... Obviously I'm hoping that I passed both, but not confident. I'll get the official results in about 4 weeks, so pray hard for me from now till you hear the (good, I hope) news!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I am sure that you did fine on both. Oh yeah, a blog is a wonderful tool to keep in touch with family. ;) -Aunt Kristy

12:43 AM  
Blogger jill said...

for the worrywort -- i'm sure you did fine on both parts of your test and being like your grandmother . . . you tend to worry about things that don't need worried about. God forbid the day will come when neither of you have nothing to worry about. what in the world would you do????

way to go raven on pushing mommy and daddy out of the ruts they live in. it's always the kids that can force the parents to make changes!

so glad you decided to meet and make some new friends! and yes, obviously a blog is a great way to stay in touch, share pictures, make comments, and just "show off" to family and friends. not meaning just the writer showing off, but family at home can show you off to their friends too. i have friends who regularly pop in on this blog to see what my family is doing, too.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Warren Bunch said...

Well, Memaw, when that day comes, I'll worry about when something will pop up that needs worrying about... Or I'll worry about why there's nothing to worry about... Or I'll worry about what to do with my time I'm not worrying.... See, there'll never be that day!!!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home