New Car Fever!!!
Ok, well, EVERYONE around us is getting new cars. Seriously, everyone! Both of Lucas' sisters got new cars a while back, than my friend Marla got a new car, then a couple people the work with Lucas got new cars, then another friend of mine.... Then, last week, my mom calls me and says "Know what I'm doing?" I said "uh, no", and she goes "Driving my brand new car off the lot!" A couple days after that, I got an instant message picture from my friend Robyn, with a picture of her brand new car! And her car, a Dodge Caliber, is called Sunset Orange... It's this really deep rich orange and I love it! I want an orange car! We've really caught the "new car fever"....
But, as jealous and envious as we are, we also looked at it logically... Instead of getting what we could afford, as a lot of those people had to do, we would rather wait until we can afford what we want! So, we got online, designed our own car, loaded it up with accessories, and the price wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be... In fact, we can afford it the first year I work. So, once I get a job, we'll just design it again, with updated accessories, have it delivered, and go pick it up, instead of shopping through what's available at each car lot. This is what we decided!
But then, last week, the green car Lucas drives broke down. We think it's just a belt, but there's no power steering or air conditioning. And my car doesn't have air conditioning and sometimes just randomly doesn't start. So, that's when mom and Jerry gave us a deal... They'll fix the deer damage on her Town and Country, and then sell it to Lucas. He wants a van, and that's a really nice one, minus the deer stuff. As soon as school starts, it's going to the shop to get fixed up for Lucas, then he'll have a "new to you" car. Not that it will take the place of a new car, but it's better than what he has, with less miles, better shape, and more reliable! And more room!!! As for me, I'm content to keep my car, once it has air, for a couple more years until I can afford what I want... I'm not a settle kind of person!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home