Initiation
Well, for those of you who don't know this, I applied for a huge honor society back in February or March... It's called Omicron Delta Kappa and it's a VERY BIG honor to get in. I really didn't think I'd get in, because its supposed to be very competitive and it's all juniors, seniors, and grad students. My application was completed very quickly and I didn't put as much effort into it as I should have!
Then, one day when Marla and I were sitting at my house, skipping school, I got the mail and my acceptance letter was in there. At the bottom of the page, there was also a stipulation that I was not allowed to tell about my acceptance until the list of new ODK members was released. But I really just forgot to tell everyone. Only my mom and brother and Lucas and Marla knew, really.
So, Sunday was the initiation. I only invited my mom because I didn't think it was a big deal, but it kinda was. I would have invited more people if I knew what a big deal ODK made of it! But my mom took lots of pics for the rest of you who weren't there! And consider yourself lucky that you weren't... All through the ceremony, I could hear Raven talking to Memaw in the back and Riahna crying outside in the hallway with Lucas! It wasn't very smooth!
This is the picture of our family after the ceremony. This is right before we ducked out! And look at the way Raven is standing... like she's our body guard or something... "No one gets MY family unless they go through me!"
This was Riahna's typical look... Why am I here and what's the big deal?
This is Dr. Barbara McClaskey, one of the directors of ODK. She's the one who decided my essay was good enough to get me into this association!
Hmmm... typical Riahna, lately. She doesn't want Daddy. Mommy had just walked by in my line and she couldn't come with me, so she was not happy... I think this is the point where Lucas decided he could deal with this in the hall much better than in here!
This was before the ceremony... I guess they were just angels, as you can see by the look on both faces!


1 Comments:
congratulations!!! (and it's congratulatory, but it's a word!). we're so proud of you and your accomplishments. as far as during the ceremony -- i'm sure that the adults were not in charge! raven was more than a handful during the "ordeal"! it was definitely a treat for me to get out of there!
Post a Comment
<< Home