Friday!!!
Well, yesterday (Friday) Lucas and I got an all-day-into-the-nite babysitter and we went to do something fun... That was the intention. I had fun during Lucas' time, but I was miserable during my own time! We drove all the way to Hutchinson, Kansas, which is about 3 hours away, as long as traffic doesn't interfere... And do you know what we did?????
We got new tattoos!!! YAY!!! And for those of you wondering, the reason that we drove all the way to Hutchinson just for tattoos was because the guy who did the awesome color tattoo on my back moved from Joplin to Hutch... At first I though no way I'm driving to Hutch for that, so we went to Joplin and had these crappy little horoscope tattoos by someone else... AND THEY SUCKED!!! So, we learned our lesson, and now we'll be going to Hutchinson for tats!
So, Lucas went first. He was very calm and cool, just sitting there talking to me and to Shawn, the tattoo guy. When Shawn did my first tattoo, my mom came to pick me up since Lucas had dropped me off, and she had to wait about 3 or 4 hours... And Shawn made her listen to Primus!
So, this is what Lucas decided to get... Riahna's little footprints off of her birth certificate from the hospital. We were going to start with Raven's, but there still out at my mom's house and we weren't exactly sure where to find them on short notice! But he'll get them done next time!
And this is mine! Well, this is the picture I took to give Shawn an idea of what I wanted... But I wanted it on my foot, starting at the top of my foot right below my big toe, across to my baby toe, and down to my heel.... Shawn had multiple reasons why I should change my mind, so I did! I really liked this, but he's the expert! So he used this design to draw up his own idea!
And this is it!!! This is what I wanted, adapted a little to fit Shawn's ideas and advice! I really wanted that end to go down my foot and wrap around my ankle bone, but he said that it would be so hard heal and take care of... And I think this looks so much better than what I had in my head! And of course he had to color it! We drove all the way from Pitt, so he said I HAD to get color!!! Once the outline was done, though, I was DONE!!! He really had to talk hard to get me to agree to color... And he had Lucas on his side, so they were both saying "color, color, color!!!" This was the first foot, and it took about an hour and a half... And it hurt like hell!

3 Comments:
that doesn't look like fun!!!!!!!!!
but, they both like very nice. glad you had it put on your foot and not the arm/hand. lucas does raven prints go on the other side? then a little boy prints could go in the middle. glad to hear you had a fun day. jerry
neat looking, but i'm not sure about those painful feet tattoos! and i about freaked when i saw the hand picture on the screen -- until i realized it wasn't YOUR hand! but who i am to comment on them when i have the eyelids done?!?
really looks nice -- can't wait until they are all healed up and see them then.
Glad rhianna's surgery went well. Her hair is so light! Love the tats, makes me want to get one.....but i am a chicken.~Robyn
Post a Comment
<< Home