A day in the life...

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Commanding the Classroom!

Well, we really haven't updated in a while, but it seems like we've been SOOO crazy busy! We've been told some really REALLY funny stories in the last 2 weeks from preschool and Miss Lori, so I thought that those would be great to put on here, especially since Raven hasn't been able to tell most of you about preschool herself! Or, herselth, as she says!

Last Wednesday, Daddy took Raven to preschool, spent the morning with Yanna (as she calls herself {th} now!), then went to pick Raven up from preschool. As soon as she gets in the car everyday, whoever picks her up says "How was school? What did you do today?" This day, she got into the car pouting and told Daddy in her pouty voice "I didn't have any fun today! Miss Lori put me in time-out ALL day! I wasn't nice today! I wouldn't get out of Isaac's way!" Lucas thought that was pretty funny and made Raven tell me as soon as I got home from class.

The next day, I asked Miss Lori what happened to make Raven sit in time-out... Although, I really didn't care that she had been in trouble, because she's a good kid at school and I trust Miss Lori in whatever she chooses to punish my child.... So, I asked Miss Lori what happened... And Miss Lori said "What do you mean, what happened?" I had to go on and tell Miss Lori what Raven said, then I had to repeat it when Miss Mary walked by... Turns out that Raven wanted to stand on her head during story time, and Miss Lori gently took her by both shoulders and said "Raven, it's time to sit down and listen to the story!" Then, Raven sat there and pouted for the rest of the story and was fairly pouty for the rest of the day! That was it... End of story! No time out, no raised voices, no nothing!!! But Raven's been going to school there for all of last year and now this year and this is the first time Lori has ever had to say anything!


Then, this morning I heard something else funny from Miss Lori... Every day at school they have song time, when the kids get into a circular mob (Miss Lori described it as a feeding frenzy for songs!) and get to choose what songs they want to sing. Yesterday, my child ended up in the center of the mob. She wanted to sing her witch song (the one that some of you have had the pleasure of hearing... a million times!), but she wasn't sure everyone else remembered it. She jumped up and said "Hey, guys, I want to sing my witch song. Do you remember it? It goes like this!" and sang it for everyone. But, she interrupted herself {th} about 10 times in her little 10 line song to say "hey, be quiet, we're listening to me sing... hey, it's my turn, you sing next... i said you need to listen.... hey!"


That just cracked Miss Lori up! She said that Raven was in rare form yesterday. She's usually the little class Nazi, making sure everyone is doing exactly what Miss Lori said you have to do. For those of you who know Eddie Izzard, she's running around saying "Peace, peace, organize some peace, we're peaceful!" But yesterday, she just hijacked class for her own little private concert!

2 Comments:

Blogger jill said...

that's cause she's the "princess of the universe"! i learned all about her world the other night on our walk/bicycle ride. amazing what comes out of that little mind and mouth! she really understands much more than some people think!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Warren Bunch said...

I know she does! She understands wayyyyyyyy tooooooo much! She told Memaw that "Isaac is my boyfriend, but don't tell Mommy, cause she'll just say I'm silly!"

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home