A day in the life...

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Our mornings....

So, as many of you knew, I was very VERY excited to be able to spend some time quality time alone with Riahna once Raven started back to school... I really wanted to work with Riahna on her speaking, although with Raven, maybe a mute would be best! But, I wanted to encourage her speaking! This was the way our first day went together!

This picture is at 9:30 or 10:00am on our first morning together... Riahna said "popcorn", so I let her eat popcorn for breakfast! I needed to send an email, and this is what I saw when I was done! She had fallen asleep with her hand in her popcorn bucket! I think that with Raven gone, this was the only thing she could do by herself! She didn't know what else to do!



And this is one of the days that Daddy got to stay home with Yanna. Again, she's sitting with her bucket of popcorn and asleep with her hand in the bucket! How funny! At least in my pics, she's dressed! Poor little baby doesn't have any clothes to wear or any food to eat, except popcorn!


And she's out! Down for the count!


So, this morning, on Mommy's morning home with Yanna, we needed to go to Wal-Mart... I thought it would be so much better to go with only one child! We needed some pull-ups and some warm clothes and some dance clothes, stuff like that... And we wanted new camping chairs, cause they were nicer than the ones we have. Since Sissy was so good, she got a little tube of Mini M&Ms in the check out line... These will play a big role later! I ended up getting too much stuff to fit on the credit card, and didn't have my debit card, so I had to leave my stuff and go home to get the other card. And, to top it off, Riahna peed through her Pull-up in Wal-Mart, so she had soaked her jeans down to her knees, almost!

We went home to get the card and change her pants, and then went straight back to Wal-Mart to pay for our crap. Once we got there, it went downhill FAST... First off, I couldn't split my ticket up between a credit and a debit card. I had to use the credit card to buy a Wal-Mart card, and then use the Wal-Mart card and the debit card to pay for it... By the time my debit card was being scanned for approval, Riahna was pissed and ready to be out of there. She started to throw a fit because she couldn't get the lid closed on her M&Ms. I closed it for her, which just made it worse... She went into full fit mode, and started crying and screaming. I was trying to talk her down, and she cocked her little arm back and threw her tube of M&Ms at the customer service rep... This lady is so sweet and just nice to everyone. We see her all the time there, and she's just so sweet you almost wonder if it's real or not... Well, the M&M tube hit the top of her computer, popped open, sprayed M&Ms everywhere, and then the tube popped up and hit the lady in the face......

I was mortified... I've never ever been that embarrassed in my life! I slapped Riahna's hand and told her NO NO really loud and harsh! There was a whole group of people behind, and they all started talking as soon as the tube went flying... I wanted to turn around and scream at them to mind their own damn business and shut the hell up, but I didn't... I just stared at the poor woman and kept saying "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" She was very nice and understanding about it... She had kids and grandkids and she just told me to take Riahna home and love on her, and that tomorrow will be another day! She even picked up all the M&Ms on the counter and put them back in the tube for Riahna! That woman deserves a gold medal of honor for putting up with my little shit today! So, I left Wal-Mart so embarrassed I was crying! I don't ever want to go back there again! I know I'll have to, probably even tomorrow! But I don't want to! NEVER!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger jill said...

i am SURE that's not MY grandchild you're talking about -- you must have her confused w/ some other child whose parents let her misbehave like that. oh well -- what a person sees in wal-mart would be enough to educate the world. probably better not take my granddaughters there to even be exposed to that riff-raff!

lots of love! memaw

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel who must of got the wrong sweet little girl switch somewhere in the store. I have never heard Yanna like what you said. Summer smile, someday you will be a memaw and can just look back and laugh. Thank you for letting be part of your kids life. Love you all Grandpa Jerry

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH the things I have to look forward to..........YAY!!!!!~Robyn

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home